Chief Operating Officer
Anterix (NASDAQ: ATEX) is focused on empowering the modernization of critical infrastructure and enterprise businesses by enabling private broadband connectivity. Our foundational spectrum provides the ability to increase resiliency and transform our customers operations to meet new business complexities while achieving higher levels of reliability, resiliency performance and security. Anterix is the largest holder of licensed spectrum in the 900 MHz band, with nationwide coverage throughout the contiguous United States, Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico. Anterix is currently pursuing a regulatory proceeding at the Federal Communications Commission that seeks to modernize and realign the 900 MHz band to increase its usability and capacity by allowing it to be utilized for the deployment of private broadband networks, technologies and solutions. Our chairman and our CEO co-founded Nextel Communications and have over 60 years of combined experience in telecom operations and innovative
spectrum initiatives. Anterix is headquartered in Woodland Park, NJ.
Anterix is seeking a dynamic, execution oriented, Chief Operating Officer to join current President, Rob Schwartz, as we prepare for rapid growth in serving our nation’s Critical Infrastructure Industry. The COO will be transformational in further scaling the organization to meet the complex and significant customer demands. This role has an incredible opportunity to continue to expand and impact our strategy related to technology, product, and sales.
The Chief Operating Officer will lead the execution of Anterix’s operational plan, consistently driving alignment to the organization’s efforts with Anterix’s goals. This results-oriented leader will drive the continued execution of our commercialization plan to enable critical infrastructure industries and industrial enterprises to build and operate their own private LTE networks to solve valuable and mission critical use cases and will include the oversight of current and future commercial pilots and initial deployments.
Success in this position requires:
1. Successfully managing large and complex sales cycles to large companies
2. Previous experience in ramping an organization from initial deployment or product launch to commercial operations
3. Relentlessly focusing on results and driving to achieve internal goals including sales, profitability and cash flow
4. Coaching and motivating a high-performance management team with clear priorities
5. Strategic mindset
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Successfully manage long, technical, and complex sales cycles to large companies
- Manage, develop and support the Sales & Business Development team’s account management process to continue to season the target markets, expand the sales funnel, and close contracts.
- Ensure the success of customer pilots and initial deployments
- Operational experience in a technology focused business
- Deft ability to manage and close multi-million and multi-year transactions with large, powerful customers
- Customer relationship and account management involvement
2) Previous experience in ramping an organization from initial deployment or product launch to commercial operations
- Possesses the tenacity required to promote a groundbreaking new product, expand demand and promote to large industrial customers.
- Establish and improve operational processes and controls, reporting procedures, and resource management
Successfully execute on the short-term and long-term business plan
- Oversee Product and Technology & Engineering development roadmaps with the objective of continuing to enhance product offerings that will increase the rate of adoption and profitability
- Prioritize, establish and manage relationships with partners and vendors
- Grasp wireless LTE technology
3) Relentlessly focus on results and drive operations to achieve internal goals and surpass external goals including sales, profitability and cash flow
- Organized, disciplined and decisive management style
- Set and measure comprehensive team and individual goals for performance and growth
- Support the values of the company and positively influence the culture
- Adept at setting strategy and executing on company vision while managing detailed activities that lead to that success
- Encourage maximum performance and dedication in a success oriented and accountable environment.
4) Coach and motivate a high-performance management team with clear priorities
- Promote and develop individuals as well as teamwork
- Experience in managing both collaborative teams and individuals
- Able to solve problems creatively and collectively
- Attract and retain talent
5) Think strategically
- Represent the company with customers, and at industry and investor meetings as required
- Add value to executive strategic discussions and decisions
- Able to consider multiple competing viewpoints
- Inquisitive and asks question to encourage discussion
Skills and Competencies
- 12+ years of executive level experience and operational experience in a technology focused business
- Strong sales leadership skills, with deft ability to manage multi-million and multi-year transactions with large, powerful customers
- Able to work effectively and patiently with large institutional customers
- Ability to create order, focus, process, and visibility, in changing entrepreneurial environment
- Able to voice opinions, collaborate with teams, and implement decisions and solutions rapidly
- Embraces a teaming environment internally, and competitive environment externally
- Effectively focuses on details without getting caught up in them
- Has the foresight to be thinking ahead while addressing current needs
- Not afraid of failure, and willing to take calculated risks to quickly seize opportunities
- Strong leader who empowers and is a mentor to coworkers at all levels
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
At Anterix, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture. Those who, are self-directed learners and have the drive to make a difference are invited to apply.
To apply to this opportunity, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.