Vice President of Sales
Anterix (NASDAQ: ATEX) is focused on empowering the modernization of critical infrastructure and enterprise businesses by enabling private broadband connectivity. Our foundational spectrum provides the ability to increase resiliency and transform our customer's operations to meet new business complexities while achieving higher levels of reliability, resiliency performance and security. Anterix is the largest holder of licensed spectrum in the 900 MHz band, with nationwide coverage throughout the contiguous United States, Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico. Anterix is currently pursuing a regulatory proceeding at the Federal Communications Commission that seeks to modernize and realign the 900 MHz band to increase its usability and capacity by allowing it to be utilized for the deployment of private broadband networks, technologies and solutions. Our chairman and our CEO co-founded Nextel Communications and have over 60 years of combined experience in telecom operations and innovative
spectrum initiatives. Anterix is headquartered in Woodland Park, NJ.
Anterix is seeking a dynamic Vice President of Sales who will lead a sales organization that will drive the revenue opportunities after the important milestone of an FCC’s rulemaking on 900MHz spectrum, report and order (R&O). In this role, this person will develop and implement programs aimed at ensuring sales employee performance, implementing employee performance management programs, participating in corporate planning, and creating a positive working environment for employees. The Vice President of Sales will create sales strategies that will help Anterix achieve its business objectives.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for establishing a pipeline of customer accounts, and a path to move customers down the funnel to the execution of “wins” for Anterix, execute on sales strategies, for customer contracts and provide revenue generating opportunities based on the 900MHz spectrum asset.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build the sales organization.
- Develop account strategy plans, establish processes, and work cross-functionally to drive execution of market wins.
- Prioritization of key accounts- ensuring that there is company-wide support and focus where needed.
- Manage Sales Organization- leading by example. Drive team to build relationships with customers, becoming their trusted advisor, to build their level of confidence in Anterix’s product and services offering, and capabilities. Manage the sales team to develop a deeper understanding of their target customers, competitive threats, risk assessments, and define a path to a win.
- Ensure CRM updates occur in a timely manner. Effectively manage day to day processes, communications, reporting, and succession planning by keeping CRM up to date, along with providing feedback to the CRM operations team on refinements that may be required from the building of the new sales organization.
- Provide feedback to cross-functional organization on the customer needs (as previously established or evolving) to drive product, technology, regulatory, strategy or other support that is essential for Anterix’s commercial success.
- Close on deals- Lead negotiation of complex contracts with customers that may have equally complex procurement processes. Balance the customer need with Anterix’s needs through various stages of customer progress (to include pilots, LOIs, Press Releases, and Contract Signing).
- This role requires 50% Domestic Travel
Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience
- Must have a deep expertise in selling into the Critical Infrastructure market, complex enterprises, or government agencies
- Demonstrated knowledge of Grid Modernization, Telecom Strategies, Internet of Things (IoT), and Digital Transformation concepts
- Experience working with SalesForce, Dynamics 365 or other CRM tools
- This person is a self-starter and does not get bogged down by what has not been done, but will find a way to close the gap, roll up his/her sleeves, to execute on the opportunity for Anterix.
- As a manager of highly motivated individuals, the VP of Sales will bring out the best in each individual on the team, however recognizing that the team members can get farther sooner but assembling the cross-functional team to tactically get to the finish line. Collaboration and camaraderie are important for success.
- The VP of Sales is an ambassador for Anterix both internally and externally to accomplish the corporate sales/commercial goals in an assertive, yet highly responsible manner.
- The VP of sales must have passion and be a hard worker that understands the value of what he/she is responsible for, that has the ability to bring strategic plans to life, that influences others in a positive way.
- He/she is results focused. The VP of Sales focuses on successful outcomes, rather than being busy. If a specified path does not meet the desired outcome, the VP of sales will be responsible to develop new methods to ultimately drive success.
To apply to this opportunity, please send your resume to: email@example.com.